Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Emma Kate's Completed Nursery!

So our nursery is finally complete! It's so sweet and cozy and I just want to sit in our glider cozy up and enjoy it. One night I actually took my iPad and a blanket in there and cozied up and had a Netflix binge. The glider is one of the most comfortable spots in the house right now. 






After getting the wall and dresser/changing table painted it was time to get the crib and bedding in, and the monogram hung above the bed. It turned out exactly how I imagined. I ordered the monogram from Etsy in plain wood and we painted it the same color as the dresser. The crib and bedding all came from Pottery Barn Kids. 

My mom found this little rocker and painted it pink and it's absolutely perfect in the room. 





We finally picked out curtains and I am in love with what we decided. This is the only room we get major sunlight in our place so we went with black out curtains, and I'm in love with the pattern we chose for these! They also came from pottery barn kids (see a trend here?) 



I had my eye on our glider since early on. When I sat in it in the store I didn't want to get up. Yes it came from Pottery Barn Kids also. I loved that the slip cover came off and was washable which is why I was comfortable going with white. Also it was a classic chair that if I ever wanted to place in the living room, or use in a 2nd nursery when we have a 2nd child it was going to work.  It was pricey but I knew it was an investment and thanks to some family members helping towards it we didn't have to purchase it ourselves. This chair we will have for years to come! The mint throw on the chair came from West Elm, and the pillow came from Tuesday Mornings and I had it monogrammed.  We bought picture shelves from target for books and I love having them right by the chair. The side table was one I had and wasn't using and is from IKEA, and the lamp was found at a yard sale. It all came together so perfectly! 

One of my favorite things was putting the collage together over the dresser. I wanted to add some mermaids in the room as they are my favorite. I had my heart set on a mermaid I had seen at PB kids but by the time we knew what we were having it was out of stock. My mom (seriously she is the best) found this mermaid at Kirkland's it wasn't what we needed but of course she painted it and it was the perfect fit!  My best friend did the quote for the wall and I am so happy to have something from her in the nursery! 





Target must have known my visions for our nursery because there is Christmas decor to match out, so Emma Kate is getting her first little tree this year too! (But If you know me and my love for Christmas you wouldn't expect anything less) That will come in another post. We are anxiously awaiting for our sweet baby girl to arrive, could be any day now! 

1 comment:

  1. MEGAN! I am in love with Emma's room. Your ability to make things look like they came from a catalog inspires me to try my hand at making things come together a little better too! I can't wait to see photos and updates from your little bundle soon, I'm sure you and the hubs are ecstatic!

    ReplyDelete