Pages

Monday, October 26, 2015

The Start of our Nursery!

You know when you have a vision but your just not sure if you can make that vision come to life? That's how I felt when I imagined exactly what I wanted for our nursery, but for once that vision came to life beyond what I could have imagined!


When we found out we were having a girl I knew I wanted pink, gold and mint green. People kept saying go with pink and grey but I wanted different. I'm in love with mint green and gold together and knew a baby pink would be the perfect accent to make it a very classy, elegant nursery.

First task was to empty out the room. The room has become my husbands man room  and also our workout space that I had just completed for the most part in March as an early birthday gift. We live in an apartment and it only took me 2 years to get it done. Literally finding out we were expecting just a few days later he got to enjoy it for several months still until we emptied it out. Here are a few pictures of the before.




The one thing I knew I wanted was an accent wall. We were not painting, originally I wanted stripes and found vinyls but then saw the gold dots I decided on. I ordered them from Etsy and spent about $45 much cheaper than paint, and they weren't that bad to put up once we got the groove of it.(well really once my husband got the groove while I supervised)  I was in love with the finished product and couldn't wait for the rest to come together!





The dresser changing table was a piece I already had, it has been in our living room and I knew it was the perfect piece for the nursery, it just needed a coat of mint green paint, new knobs and the touch of my talented momma! My mom paints with chalk paint and I have a few pieces in my home she did with chalk paint I love so this was no exception. The problem was finding the right color and we ended up mixing some different chalk paints to create the custom color, it couldn't have been more perfect! We got some cute little knobs from target and it was the perfect little piece! We used the same paint to do the monogram for over the bed I once it came in. 



We Have a few more things to complete before our girl arrives so stay tuned for the full Nursery! 

No comments:

Post a Comment