Pages

Friday, October 23, 2015

Disney Babymoon! Doing Disney even Pregnant Part One

So we have a strong love for Disney in our house. Disney was my husband and I's first vacation together while we're dating, less than a year later he took me back and proposed, and then less than a year after that we moved to Orlando for me to work for Disney! When we moved to Raleigh I knew we would miss it but was so afraid it may never be the same. After 2 trips post move it didn't feel the same but we stayed with friends not on property, so when we talked about one last trip before our baby girl comes it made perfect sense to do a full Disney trip. I am so glad we did and Disney felt like Disney again. 


We booked for Labor Day week, which was  also FREE dining plan and I'm pretty sure we had reservations made for dining  before we had our full trip booked. It's the one thing we love about Disney all the food! We are true foodies at heart. 

Don't get me wrong it was extremely hot but even being almost  30 weeks pregnant we had a fantastic time! 



Here are some tips for doing Disney pregnant. 

Tip One: have a few shoe options, my feet did swell some but mostly only when I had on sandals. Tennis shoes gave my feet the support they needed and kept me pretty comfortable. If your feet swell prop them up for a bit, when mine did they went down within a short time.  Rest as you need to and drink plenty of water! 

Tip Two: water is pricey, if you can get some bottles at the store or have sent to the hotel, do it! Also my life saver was Starbucks cups of ice water. In every park except Magic Kingdom they will give you the huge Trenti size cups of ice water, they will only give you small at MK but if you have your own bottle they will give you as many as you want, so fill it up. Other restaurants will also but I always remember Disney/Florida tap water tasting funky and this water was just fine. (So much when we got home if I would go to Starbucks for a small coffee I would ask for a big water. I find I drink water better with a cup and straw than bottles so whatever works) I also would fill my resort mug with water at the hotel. Honestly I would have never bought a resort mug but I was free on our dining plan and came in handy for ice water which was all I filled it with other than a few sips of Sprite on occasion when I had a little nausea. 

Tip Three: Pack snacks even if you are on the dining plan. I took granola bars, my shakeology to make my shakes just no blender, some fruit and crackers. You get so much on the dining plan but usually at your actual meals, so having things to snack on for breakfasts or morning snack especially while pregnant is a must. If we for a quick service meal I would try to get an extra bottle of water or some kind of fruit or snack I could pack up instead of the desert I didn't need at every meal. A few places did the bottled water which was great and others wouldn't so it depended on where we ate. 




Check back later for more tips for doing Disney pregnant and even just some great Disney tips in general! 

No comments:

Post a Comment