Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Tasty Tuesday : Freezer Friendly Healthy Breakfast Sandwiches!




With a baby on the way and not a lot of energy to cook much anymore I've been stocking our freezer for the final weeks before baby and for after baby. I'm trying to keep it pretty healthy but easy. This is an easy grab and go breakfast for busy mornings and even non busy ones because these are just delicious.


What you need: 
Eggs 
English Muffins
Sausage 
Cheese 
Salt and Pepper 
Ramekins or something to bake eggs in 
Cooking spray 














To keep it healthy I go with a whole grain or multi grain english muffin. I would love to use the Ezekiel bread English muffins but I have a hard time finding them. Also they are great with turkey sausage this time I used an all natural pork sausage however.  

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray ramekins with cooking spray. Crack eggs into ramekins (I have to do in multiple steps because I don't have enough ramekins) scramble a bit with a fork and add salt and pepper. Bake for 5-8 min, sounds weird but some batches cook faster than others. Try not to over cook because the egg recooks some in the microwave also. 










While the eggs are cooking, I cook my sausage patties if I haven't already, cut my English muffins in half and get my cheese slices ready. 

Once eggs have come out and cooled down remove from ramekins. Place one egg, one sausage patty and a half slice of cheese on bottom half of English muffin and then place top on it. After I've put them all together I wrap each one individually in Saran Wrap and then place in freeze bag. 







When your ready to eat unwrap and place on paper towel or microwave safe plate and cook 1-1.5 min. My husband loves to grab these out of the freezer and take them with him to warm up at work on a morning he doesn't  give himself enough time to eat before he leaves. Though they have never lasted that long I've read that eggs are good 30-60 days in the freezer. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment