Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Tasty Tuesday

So I thought Tuesday was the perfect day to share a great recipe! This granola recipe has become a staple in our house and can be made so many different ways. I love I know what's going into it and also it so much less expensive than buying considering I have most the ingredients in the house all the time. I keep oatmeal in the panty in bulk.



Pumpkin Spice Granola

Preheat oven to 350 degrees while you are mixing ingredients 

4 Cups of Orginal Oatmeal (don't use quick quick pats) 
1 tbsp spoon of seasoning of your choice (for this one I used pumpkin pie spice) 
1/4-1/2 cup pecans you can use more or less depending on what you like ( my husband likes less so I go with a smaller amount 
1/2 cup dried cranberries or other dried fruit 
Mix all the dry ingredients then add the wet ingredients 
1/4 cup of pure maple syrup or honey I've used both either works just as well depends on what I have more of in the house 
1/4 cup melted coconut oil 
1.5 tsp of pure vanilla extract 

Mix all the ingredients together, spread across a baking pan.  I spray mine with olive oil or coconut oil cooking spray so it won't stick and bake at 350 for 30 -40 min this really depends on how crunchy you want it. Let cool and store in air tight container. 

I have done this recipe without the pecans and cranberries and will add some dark chocolate chips once it's cooled,  this is my husbands favorite! I'm going to try making some chocolate granola soon because our favorite store bought is dark chocolate Love Crunch and it's hard to find and not cheap! 

We put ours on top of plain Greek yogurt, drizzle with a little honey to sweeten the yogurt and sometimes add some fresh cut fruit. It's a great breakfast or midday snack. 

This week I have had some Chobani pumpkin yogurt and this recipe was perfect on top of it!


Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment